Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wedding Thank-You Note Part One

Thank You, Father Anthony Ho

I met Father Ho early last year when I was looking for a church to have the ceremony. Since then, he called me periodically to check if we were getting along OK with the paperwork and preparations, even when I was in Seattle and Malacca. As Chad is non-Catholic, we needed to get something called a dispensation from the bishop in order to be married in church. Father Ho really helped me follow up with that and he really gave me the assurance that everything that needed to be done was being done.

"Two children in three years is what you said, right?"

On the blessed day, Father Ho helped make the ceremony extra special and intimate. The guests, many of whom are non-Catholics, were made to feel really comfortable and included. Chad and I cannot thank you enough, Father Ho.


Thank You, Desmond and Dorla from Stamford Catering

When Desmond Lum from Stamford Catering contacted me regarding my request for a quote, he immediately suggested that we meet. He was also always very prompt when it came to replying my email queries. I was about to re-locate to Seattle at that time, so this was very important to me. Meeting him face-to-face early, and being assured that we could maintain an email discussion easily are just two things that convinced me that Stamford were the people for the job.

Since I was not having a big hotel dinner, I wanted to make sure the lunch reception at the church canteen was not only delicious but also looked celebratory and attractive. I also wanted all my friends and family to be at the ceremony and not be fussing too much getting the cake and decorations in order i.e. dealing with those details.

Desmond really listened to what I needed and recommeded Dorla Liew and her bag of tricks for the job at a very reasonable price.




Dorla, I do not have a photo of you but the photos here show the wonderful job you did. Thank-you.

Desmond and ... (oops, I forget her name, but she's from Penang)

The reception area looked really beautiful as you said it would be, Desmond. I've heard only good things about the food. One of my friend's daughter even said, "Mommy, we want to come back here next time for lunch!"


Thank You, Photographers Christopher and Calvin

When I met Christopher Lim (www.chrisppics.com) again, I was surprised to be reminded that I had first met and engaged him as my photograpger as early as July last year. Talk about being kiasu! All the photos you find in this post are by Christopher. You'll also find his blog entry about our wedding here.

A couple of months before the wedding, Dave, my student from 2006-2007 in St. Andrew's Junior College contacted me about Calvin (www.twoheartsonestory.com). Calvin was my student in Outram Seconday School in...(I forget) probably 2002. Dave and Calvin are apparently in the same camp doing their National Service and Calvin is also a wedding photographer. Long story short, I engaged Calvin as my second photographer.

Thank-you Christopher and Calvin for doing such a good job documenting our special day. Both of you did awesome with the photo slideshows. Viewing them helped those who were there relive the special moments. For those who were not there, it was almost as if they were.


Thank You, June from Arts and Roses

It was 8 days to the wedding and I still hadn't found a florist for the bouquets and corsages. Then, my bridesmaid, Nancy, helped me find
Art and Roses near Novena MRT. June was really wonderful to work with. June even opened her shop early so that the flowers could be collected. The flowers were beautiful.



Thank You, the many helpers from the Church of St. Francis Xavier

I was still very confused about the order of the service before meeting Mabel Lee. She was more than the organist. She took the time to meet me and helped with the selection of songs, walked me through the order of the ceremony, and gave me sound advice. Thank you so much, Mabel.

Jack Chew, thanks for your time, helping us with the rehearsal and on the day of the ceremony.

Tnanks also to the soloist from the choir with her beautiful voice. I did not even manage to catch her name (I think it's Geraldine).


The soloist from the choir of St. Francis Xavier

Thank you, Vincent Choo and other church volunteers who did a wonderful job with the church flowers.


Pew flowers were lovely


Not forgeting everyone else (caretakers, parish office workers, other volunteers) from the church of St. Francis Xavier who helped us in one way or the other.


Thank You, MUA Sophia Chia

Not being someone who wears makeup often, I still wanted to feel and look like myself. Make-up artist, Sophia listened to my needs and I was pleased with the results. Thank-you Mark, my hairdresser from X-Zen for recommending Sophia.


No comments: