Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Forward!

It was yesterday. An email update from USCIS. These two lines caught my attention:

Application Type: I-485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.


In 30 days, I expect to have that green card in hand. This means that, I can travel without an Advance Parole, visit Canada and not need a Visa, settle what needs to be settled in Singapore so I can do my Masters, and the to join the workforce.

The waiting period has been like being in a state of limbo in some aspects for me. Especially in terms of education, job and career. Not being able to go forward or backward. All we could do was wait. Not knowing for sure how long. The wait is almost over.

Where do I go from here?

Forward!

No comments: