Monday, December 22, 2008

A Wintry Walk for Tropical Me


I'm not a fan of being in the cold and in the snow. My idea of enjoying winter is staying bundled up in front of a large window, watching it snow or toasting up in front of fire with a hot cup of tea or cocoa. Being cooped up for the nth. day in a row was making me nuts though and I had to get out, even if it meant braving the cold and the ice and snow. I saw that the sun was out and some of the snow was beginning to melt. I bundled up and ventured out. It was not easy walking. I had to fight the slippery side-walks. There was lots of compacted ice on the ground but it was sure pretty. There were not many people about, as you can see.


A self-portrait as I made my way around the neighbourhood.


Hello Mr. Snowman.


The roads are just a messy slush. I'm glad I wasn't driving around in that. All in all, I'm glad I got out and may even get out again tomorrow in spite of the forecasted icy roads. Wish me luck!

No comments: