Saturday, February 28, 2009

I'm Not a Very Good Sick Person

Chad would agree with that-too quickly-I might add. Yes, I'm a whiner and complainer. It' NOT fun being sick and there's no mistaking how I feel about it. Having a cold or flu always reminds me of those days in my childhood when I was asthmatic. So I guess that could explain why I revert to my childish or childlike behaviour whenever I start to cough and wheeze.

Since I've gotten sick, Chad has been trying to get me to drink lots orange juice. Which explains the gallon jug of Odwalla we got from Costco. My mom called me today and as soon as she heard my voice, she said, "No oranges or milk or fried food or anything cold!" Logically I know oranges are supposed to be good for me, but experience tells me to listen to my mother.

Both Chad and I have had a few rough nights of sleep because of my cough. On top of that, Chad's saying that I've started to snore. LOUD! Gasp! Poor Chad. I guess it makes sense because of the congestion I'm feeling in my chest, making me gasp for air. I feel guilty about waking Chad up "n" times in one night but Chad has really been sweet about it. I wonder how many of our neighbours I'm keeping awake. Just a few weeks ago, Chad and I were knocking at our young neighbours' door at about 3 am in the morning because we could hear every word being said in their condo. They were having a little party. It was so loud, there was no way we could sleep and so we decided to ask them nicely to keep it down.

I will continue making rice porridge with lots of ginger, avoid milk and citrus fruits, drink lots of water, continue to use my Beclo-asma inhaler and get better soon or WE may soon be getting that knock at OUR door.

2 comments:

Karen and Chad said...

Chad declares:

I grew up eating dry toast and having orange juice when I was feeling sick, so that's why I mentioned it. :) The vitamin C in the juice helps the body and the fiber in the toast makes you feel good. As for the snoring, I know I'm not always the loudest one! (I'm in trouble now!!)

letti said...

oh dear, no hacking of internal organs into the air allowed... i hope you get well soon. It sucks to be sick. As for snoring, ever since i got pregnant, starting the second trimester or something, I've been like a major snorer - david says he now knows what it felt like for me, having to sleep next to him all these years. LOL.! Hopefully i'll stop snoring when the baby comes, and you will be able to breath free real quick.