Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Kwans in Melaka

The Kwans with 2 of their 3 children, Yong Kitt and Mei Mei having a nasi lemak lunch at my parent's home

After less than 24 hours in Singapore, my brother picked me up as he was heading up back to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for the weekend. He dropped me off about halfway down the drive in Melaka at my parents' home at about 2am.

For those of you less familiar with this region: these maps show, 1.where Malaysia is on the world map and 2.the relative locations of Singapore, Melaka and Kuala Lumpur.
Later that morning, the Kwans visited us as they were on their way up to Kuala Lumpur too. My Mom babysat the three Kwan kids since infancy and though it has been almost 9 years since she has been their babysitter, the ties remain very close. She was their babysitter for more than 10 years. I regard them as my Mom and Dad's other children and my little brother and sisters. Mrs. Kwan has a very cheery disposition and has been a very good friend to my Mom and Dad.

The Kwan kids on an earlier visit at my parents' home (L-R: Pearl, Mei Mei and my dad. Yong Kitt at centre back)

Especially for the Kwan kids-Pearl, Yong Kit and Mei Mei-who requested some photos for their viewing.





Click on the following, View Project at Shutterfly and you'll have the option to view a full screen version of this presentation.

1 comment:

maeve Ross said...

Thanks for the new pictures. I hope, Karen, you are feeling better and will do more pictures and writing.
Love hearing from you. Aunty Maeve