Saturday, January 24, 2009

Beautiful Winter Days


It's a really wonderful walk to Fremont from our place. A walk along the Burke-Gilman trail on a sunny winter day last week was for me, as therapeutic as a massage. I could enjoy the sun in my face without having to constantly wipe down beads of perspiration. I enjoyed people-watching, watching the birds and other little animals and trying to figure out the mechanisms of the drawbridge. I discovered the Sunday market and enjoyed its sights and especially enjoyed its smells. I worked up an appetite with the walk and so it took a lot not to just buy every type of food on sale there.


The ache in my calves the next day also reminded of the great aerobic exercise I got just walking briskly up the slope all the way back home. I really appreciated the nice winter day. The next day was just as nice and off I went again. And so was the day after that. No one goes for a walk on a sunny day at 1:30 pm in the afternoon in Singapore. It's just too hot and humid. I'm hoping there'll be more beautiful winter days like this one.

No comments: