Friday, January 23, 2009

pre-President Obama at KOMO-TV


I'm so excited about Barack Obama being elected as our 44th President. I've got high hopes for the next eight years but also have to remember that he is just one man. He won't be able to fix the problems and mistakes of the past administration instantly so I must remember to be patient. This picture is when he visited KOMO-TV in 2006 and was a guest on "Northwest Afternoon" to promote his book. This was before he had announced his bid but everyone felt it was just a matter of time before he would. The audience was full of people excited to see him and I remember he was about 15 minutes late for the show, so the hosts had to do some improvised filling. After the show, people lined up to have him sign books and have their picture taken with him. Me, I didn't have a book, but offered him one of my business cards. He laughed as he gave me his autograph and then one of my co-workers took two pictures of us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Chad

letti said...

hi chad, i'm letti, karen's friend from malaysia, now in texas. That is WAY cool. My hubby and I were disappointed we could not be at the inauguration, but like you, we are very excited and also have high hopes for the next 4/8 years !