Friday, January 23, 2009

Look Who's Behind the Wheel


I learnt today that driving a car is not like riding a bike. My last lessons were twenty odd years ago in Malaysia and I was not to bad at it. I was not able to get my licence in time though, as I was soon in Singapore with a lot on my plate just keeping up with my studies. As I got older and out of school, the combination of a great public transport system and a ridiculously high cost of owning a car in Singapore, was little motivation for me to actually get a licence.

I took my first lesson with my driving instructor today. It did not all come back to me. It's a skill I've lost completely and have to start from scratch. Having a spouse as a driving instructor is probably not usually a good idea but Chad was really patient. We both survived the lesson and I am even looking forward to my next lesson. What about you, Chad?

No comments: